Luke 2:1-20 The birth of Christ is:
- The GREATEST MESSAGE in the world. Sadly this message is largely ignored and often missed. Many fail to understand the valuable, and priceless truths about Christ’s coming.
- It is the GREATEST MIRACLE in the world. The doctrine of the incarnation Luke 1:35 The miracle of all miracles John 1:1, 14
- It is the GREATEST MYSTERY in the world. God manifest in the flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16
- It is the GREATEST MERCY in the world. God provided his only begotten Son to be a Saviour of sinners. This is not just a story, but a great truth held in highest regard by the child of God.
- It is the GREATEST MEANS in the world. It’s a means to prayer.
A lesson in God’s covenant faithfulness. The birth of Christ proves God is faithful to his promise. Christ was born in God’s appointed way, Isaiah 7:14 “of a virgin”, born in Bethlehem (place), Micah 5:2, born at the right time (period), Galatians 4:4. God’s words are always true.
A lesson in God’s controlling power. All the events connected to the Birth of Christ were controlled by God. Nothing takes place by chance or accident. God is in control.
A lesson in God’s conversion power. The birth of Christ verifies the gospel message, Luke 2:10-13. It’s only Christ that brings true hope and happiness to fearful and sinful men.
A lesson in God’s choir of praise. Luke 2:14-15. The Birth of Christ inspires the greatest praise and thanksgiving in the world. Is our reaction superficial or special?
Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year
by Rev. David McLaughlin