The pulpit for the new church building has just been set into place as we progress further in the building project.
And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose… Nehemiah 8v4
The pulpit is considered to be the most important piece of furniture in the church’s meeting house. It is located centrally in relation to the congregation and elevated to show its importance. It stands squarely in the center of the platform to symbolize the proclamation of the Word of God and the central focus of our worship. Why do we need a pulpit?
- To Promote the Centrality and Authority of the Word of God.
- To Preach the Precepts of the Word of God.
The pulpit is NOT the place for opinion, philosophy, secular thought, debate, business or any non-biblical event. The Pulpit is to be dedicated to the presentation of the Word of God.
- For the Preaching of the Whole Counsel of God – Acts 20:21
- The Preaching of the Gospel – 1 Corinthians 1:17
- The Preaching of the Truth – 2 Timothy 4:2
- The Pulpit must be empowered by the Holy Spirit – 1 Thess. 1:5
- For the Power of God without which the message is just a speech
- For the Purpose of God without which the message is just opinion
THE PULPIT THAT IS EMPOWERED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Will Evangelize the Lost
- Will Edify the Believers
- Will Exalt God
The Pulpit must preach into every aspect of life to equip the church.
THE PURPOSE OF THE PULPIT IN THE CULTURE
- To Make an Impact for Christ
- To Reveal the Truth of God
- To Identify the Sin and Errors of the World
- To Rebuke the Wickedness of Sin in the World
- To Correct the Faults of the World
- To Address the Issues of the Culture
- To Preach to the Significant Institutions of Society
4 TARGETED INSTITUTIONS
- The Church
- The Family
May God be pleased to use this pulpit for His glory. Amen.
Original article from Grace Baptist Church, Altoona.